Do you want to crochet a mandala, but are you wondering hwat you need to crochet a mandala? In this blog I will list all the things you need!
What do you need to crochet a mandala
This is an overview of all tools I use when I crochet mandalas:
- Mandala hoop to attach your ring to. On Amazon they sell several sizes of hoops.
- Yarn: I mostly used fingering yarn like Scheepjes Whirl/Whirlette or Hobbii Sultan (Deluxe). You can use all sorts of yarn, depending on the pattern.
- Crochet hook: pick a hook size that is suitable for the yarn you are using.
- Yarn bowl: very handy to keep your skein in one place.
- Stitch marker: I like to use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round. Then you can easily see how far you still have to go!
- Tape measure: to measure your work. If you lay your mandala flat, measure it, and multiply that size by 1,2, then you’ll find the correct hoop size.
- Row counter / marker: to keep track of your progress in the pattern.
- Tapestry needle: to make the loose ends disappear.
- Scissors: to cut the yarn where necessary.
I think this is all you need, and you are ready to go! I want to wish you a lot of crochet fun!