Read more about my written crochet pattern for a mandala of 20-30cm (8-12 inch)!
I proudly present you: my first pattern! About a year ago I started with crochet, and I could have never imagined that I would ever publish my own pattern. But I did it! I know that it can be very overwhelming when you see a big crochet chart, but don’t know how to read it. That is the reason I designed this pattern. I want to show that it is not scary or hard to crochet with a chart. That’s why this mandala isn’t too big. I have created a written version of the pattern besides the chart, so you can keep them next to each other while crocheting. The pattern is thoroughly tested and I am sure you will enjoy it a lot!
- The pattern is written in US terms
- It consists of both a chart and a written version with pictures showing every round
- Difficulty: beginner. You should be familiar with the basic crochet stitches (chains, single crochet, double crochet (together))
- The pattern consists of 14 rounds
- You are allowed to sell finished items you made with this pattern. Please refer to KimHaakt (www.kimhaakt.nl/) as the designer of the pattern.
- If you encounter problems or have any questions, you can always send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to help.
- Lace or fingering weight yarn
- I have used crochet hook 2mm and 2,5mm. If you want to make a bigger or smaller mandala, you can use another hook size.
- A metal ring of 20, 25, 30 centimeter / 8 – 10 – 12 inch. I would recommend to buy a ring after you have finished the mandala. The final size is depending on a lot of factors (yarn, hook, the way you crochet (tight, loose)). In the pattern you can find a method to calculate the perfect hoop size.
- Tapestry needle, scissors, stitch marker
- Size examples:
- Lace & 2mm hook: hoop of 25cm (10 inch)
- Fingering & 2,5mm hook: hoop of 28cm (11 inch) or 30cm (12 inch)
You can purchase the pattern here:
Have you made this mandala? Share it on Facebook and Instagram with #vividflowermandala of #kimhaaktmandala, I am excited to see your creations and I will share it on my social media channels!