Are you looking for a 20 inch mandala crochet pattern?
I proudly present you: the Piña Mandala!
Why this name? Very easy, because there are pineapple shapes in the pattern, and Piña sounds a lot more fun than the dutch word for pineapple, ‘ananas’. Besides that, it also reminds me of the song that goes ‘if you like Piña Coladas’. This song gets stuck in your head forever, I’m sorry if it’s in yours now too! It also reminds me of drinking Piña Coladas while I was at the Florida Keys.
But before I wander off too much, back to the pattern! The mandal fits in a hoop of approximately 50 centimeters / 20 inches and consists of 26 round.
The pattern is thoroughly tested and I know for sure you will have a lot of fun with it!
- The pattern is written in US terms
- Do you prefer to work with a chart? No problem, that’s also included in the pattern.
- Because you can put the text and the chart next to each other, you can use this pattern to get familiar with reading charts!
- The pattern is suitable for advanced crocehters or adventurous beginners. Do you recognize terms like chains, single crochet, double crochet, treble (double) crochet? Then you will be fine!
- You are allowed to sell the creations you’ve made with this pattern. Please refer to www.kimhaakt.nl as designer.
- Yarn: I have used about 60 grams (1,83oz) Hobbii Sultan Deluxe for this one. This skein contains more yarn than you need, so if you want to use all the colors, you should cut out some pieces while you are working. Similar fingering yarn (like Scheepjes Whirlette) will also do.
- Hook: 2,5mm
- A 50cm / 20 inch hoop. Please note that results may differ. Therefore it is better to buy a hoop after you’re done crocheting. You can find the right size by multiplying the diameter of your work without tension with 1,2. For a 50cm/20inch hoop, your work should be around 42cm (16.5inch) when you’re done.
- Also useful: tapestry needle, scissors, stitch markers, tape measure
You can find the pattern on Etsy and Ravelry: